Tuesday 29 January 2013

My eyes and heart have been opened to you Lord

Wow. All I can say is wow. I have been touched by Jesus. I have been awoken as a new person! I am loved and I am accepted as who I am!!

I can not believe how much my life has changed since I started this blog. I have decided to follow Jesus with all my heart, i was baptized, my 9 year old angelic little girl was baptized and I have had my heart and my eyes opened to a new degree. Thank you Lord!

Life has not been easy mind you. Lots of bumps and bruises, literally and emotionally. But with my spiritual fitness growing so rapidly, I have been able to face it all with a smile and knowledge that 'This too shall pass'.  

I am not alone and God has proven this to me in soo many ways!! Loneliness is something that I struggled with for most of my life and I am learning that I am never alone. I had a friend drop in to pray with me last week because they knew that I was having a bad day. Never in my life have I had friends that were so compassionate! I see God in them and it just build my love for Him stronger and stronger. 

I am learnign to pray not only when I am in hot water, but to say Thank You. I am learning to listen for answers no matter what I want the answer to be. Still struggling with always doing what He wants for me but I am working on it.

I have decided to quit smoking today. I prayed for willingness to want to quit, and praying for the strength to follow through. Looking at it in a new way. I am using that money to literally put up in smoke and there are people who are living in such poverty that I am shameful to continue this wasteful habit.

I never thought that I would be someone to go to a country to see poverty and orphans. I have a very tender spot for children and I have a difficult time thinking about the evil that children have been and are being exposed and subjected to. Boaz ministries is doing a missions trip to Haiti and March and I was all set to sit back and help fundraise for others to go and pray here where I was "safe". Well last night Scott Wood, the director of Boaz Ministries posted that they still had room for 2 more people to go. I prayed last night and asked God if I would be benificial to the Boaz to go with them. This morning I woke up on fire to go!! I got a hold of the passport office to ask some questions about my past to see if I was still able to obtain a passport and I CAN!! <3 My amazing Aunt has agreed to take care of my children if I do go. At this point I do not know if I will be going or not on this trip but I am feeling an amazing desire to follow and to be involved in as many of these trips as I can. So if not this one then the next and the next :) I am going to be creating some hats and coffee cozies with the Boaz emblem on them for fundraising. I am also open to any ideas that anyone else has to be creative and give as much as possible to this amazing opportunity.

I thank you God for today, for the sun, for the birds singing and for the freedom to write about you and for you. I thank you Lord for the new life you have given me and opened my eyes and heart to. I am so on fire for you Lord and for your desires for me. Take my will and my life and show me how to live. I love You. I want you to work through me to bring others to You and Your love. May you watch over all the little children of the world. Let Your Light shine through me and allow my story to be for Your glory!! AMEN <3

No comments:

Post a Comment